Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations 101
Kitchen and bathroom are the most used rooms in your home. The former is the heart of your household where you cook food for your loved ones, while the latter is your oasis where you refresh and rejuvenate yourself. They need to be attractive, comfortable and functional enough.
As per the Appraisal Institute of Canada, kitchen and bathroom renovations provide a return on investment of about 75 to100 per cent. Does the thought of remodelling them overwhelm you? Agreed, it’s not going to be an easy experience, but the result can be rewarding and priceless.
At Caledon Tile, Bath & Kitchen Centre, we provide kitchen and bathroom renovations as per various trends in Brampton and the surrounding areas. In this blog-post, we have described the renovations you can do in both the rooms. Read on to know more.
While deciding on the various flooring options, you should focus on the functionality. The kitchen is prone to spills ranging from oils and water to food and beverages. You should look for the materials that are durable, easy to maintain and can withstand spills and rough use. Some of the best options are:
• Wood laminate
• Rubber flooring
Cooking also involves long duration of standing, so some of the ergonomic flooring options are:
• Carpet tiles
When it comes to flooring for your bathroom, choose materials that can withstand stress and water damage. Also, they should not be slippery and are comfortable to stand on. Some of the best options are:
• Ceramic and porcelain tile
• Natural stone
• Engineered hardwood
• Linoleum Tile
• Laminate flooring
We have a wide range of products including porcelain, ceramic, marble, granite, glass, natural stone and many others.
Countertops and Cabinets
There are a lot of options for kitchen countertops and cabinets available in the market. However, to create a great kitchen you need to select the right materials. They are listed below:
• Granite counters
• Engineered stone
• Solid surface
• Ceramic tile
• Wood or butcher block
• Stainless steel counter
• Soapstone counters
• Concrete counters
Bathroom countertops and cabinets must be durable and capable of withstanding soap, water and cosmetics. Porous or delicate surfaces are a strict no-no. Some of the best options for these are:
• Solid surface (quartzite materials)
Being the warm corner of the house, kitchen should sport a paint colour that gives it a charming and welcoming feel. Some of the best options are:
• Yellow: The colour of positivity and happiness, it can brighten up the room, give a soothing feel and make you feel hungry.
• Green: The colour can make you feel relaxed and happy. You can choose from apple green, mint, dark green, light green or emerald green.
• Blue: It’s an invigorating colour, which can create a clean and crisp look on cabinets, ceiling or walls.
• Gray: Even though it’s a bit unconventional for the kitchen, it is gaining popularity in many households.
If you regard your bathroom as your sanctuary, you should be extra careful when choosing the colour to give it the looks and feel of one.
• Dramatic black: This gives your washroom a sophisticated and sleek look and makes you feel relaxed while you’re in it.
• Magenta: You can make a fun statement by painting your walls in this colour.
• Copper: This metallic colour will add instant elegance and brighten your room.
• Neon yellow: This colour will give a youthful and vibrant vibe.
• Cherry red: The energetic colour is a great choice for kids and young adults. Just a look at it can make you feel refreshed and lively.
• Green: The colour of serenity and tranquility, when painted on your walls, it gives a soothing and rejuvenating look.
• Rust orange: An energetic colour, this eliminates the need for a backsplash.
If you’re planning bathroom and kitchen renovations in your Brampton home or in the neighbouring areas, consider Caledon Tile, Bath & Kitchen Centre. Contact us to know more about our products and services or to receive an estimate.